Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Itinerary of 1 day Trek and 1 day Water sports activities :-
* Reach Trek starting point and have Breakfast.
* Start the trek towards first veegi falls. Spend some time in falls
* Trek to second veegi falls. Play in the falls if interested.(Depends on water level and trekkers speed)
* Have lunch and trek Trek up the valley and come to road.
* Travel to Backwater camp site
* Transfer to Island in coracle.and camp in a Island.
For More information and photos of the First day water falls trek, please check the fallowing link.
* Wake up,Freshen up and Have Breakfast
* Group Introductory session and initial briefing by the Camp leader
* Introducing everyone to water, and a small swimming/floating session.
* Initiation to Coracle paddling.
* Have Lunch and rest for half an hour.
* Start the different type of boating( Kayak, canoe, raft etc) session.
* Have high tea and transfer to mainland in coracle.
* End of session.
For More information and photos of the Water sports / camping, please check the fallowing link.
Please mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for more info...
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Elders, Ladies, children wore colorful dresses and were running around like their own event. Invitees themselves cooked, served and had the food on the river shore. It was awesome to see so many people on the shore, otherwise we can rarely find people in this place.
I will just share some of those joyous moments...
(For more photos click on the link---> http://picasaweb.google.com/prapancha/1stAnniversaryCelebration# )
People who are our backbone,
Sea of people....
Busy preparing food,
It was time to have food...
And finally it was time to have some fun :)
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Banana Peel- 3-4 weeks
Orange peels- 6 months
Apple Core- 2 months
Paper Bag- 1 month
Cardboard- 2 months
Milk Cartons- 5 years
Newspaper- 6 weeks
Paper Towel- 2-4 weeks
Cotton Glove- 3 months
Tinned Steel Can- 50 years
Disposable Diapers- 550 years
Plastic Bags- 20-1000 years
Glass- 1-2 million years
Cigarette Butts- 10-12 years
Leather shoes- 25-40 years
Rubber-Boot Sole- 50-80 years
Plastic containers- 50-80 years
Monofilament Fishing Line- 600 years
Foamed Plastic Cups- 50 years
Wool Sock- 1-5 years
Plywood- 1-3 years
Plastic Bottles- 450 years
Wool Sock : 1 year
Tinned Steel Can: 50 years
Aluminum Can: 200-500 years (But if recycled, it can be reused within 6 weeks!)
Plastic Jug: 1 million years